Friday, April 17, 2009

arrgggghhhh!

When I read stuff like this (see below), it makes me want to tear my fucking eyeballs out of my head. Don't ask how I landed on this, seeking for answers to a quandary caused by a combination of events of late in my extended family & social circles and an argument I had with hubby last night which led us nowhere as these arguments always do. Nowhere except for the land of sour milk and desiccated honey.

http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Ensign/1997.htm/ensign%20january%201997.htm/becoming%20whole%20again.htm

Anyone out there care to share in my outrage or are you smarter than me?

2 comments:

shane said...

Weird. He sounds so juvenile. Is that what religion does to people?

Counterintuitive said...

Some quotes from the piece and comments:

"Unfortunately, that episode was only the beginning" Really? How surprising given you are gay.

"One night on my way home from visiting my fiancée, I somehow found myself in a predicament I never should have been in." You somehow found your way there because you are gay!!!!

"If possible and if your bishop agrees, seek professional help through LDS Social Services."

By all means never do anything which your bishop would disagree with especially when considering advice about seeing a freaking PROFESSSIONAL given that the bishop is probably a farmer!

Arrggghhhh, indeed. And, lest my frustration above communicate something different, I feel terrible for this guy. What an impossible predicament to be put in. I've had a friend since college who has lived a very similar married life. Of course, even though this writer seems to indicate otherwise, the "struggles," at least in the case of my friend, never go away. Of course that's because they are both gay!!!! Arrggghhhh!