I discovered this morning that there are over 10 million pictures of bacon and related bacon like themes on google images. (thanks to my son who from now on wishes to be called, "the baconator".
HH! Thanks for reminding me about blogworld. I've been so busy lately that I've neglected my blogosphere friends. What have I been doing you might ask??? Oih..where do I start? I decided I wanted to know more of my neighbors so I organized a block party. It was last night. We blocked off the street and rented a big bounce house/slide castle, filled a zillion water balloons, gave food assignments, pulled out the grills. It felt so down home'ish. It temporily satisfied my ache for community connection. I'm also trying to get better organized. Last weekend I spent two entire days deep cleaning the house, yesterday I filled a cart and a half with stuff from Costco. I don't want to go back there again for really long time. From the looks of things, I don't think I'll have to. I'm trying to get a gaggle of women together who want to buy in bulk and share the goods, prepare 43 meals ahead of time and freeze them. (in my killer cabinet freezer that I got for a mere 20 at a garage sale a few months ago). I'm also filling my time with getting more involved in the kids school. I helped Josh's teacher inventory the new science lab. What a day that was. "three igneous rocks....2 magnifying glasses....1 stringy ball of twine..." I'm also a PTA mom now, heading up the "reflections" contest. An artsy smartsy extra curricular program. That is fun...but busy. I'm trying to get my middle son to make a movie to submit to this. He took a filmmaking class a couple weeks ago, so now he's a pro. I have one more week with the kids until school starts. We've been packing all the fun stuff in before the school year starts. I took my kids and a few of their friends to see Clone Wars on Friday. Aside from the Icee debacle and the million trips to the bathroom, it was a good time. Also been hittin' it hard with the therapist...figuring out my inner life and why I am crazy. In between all that, I'm still trying to flesh out this business. Trying hard to get a SBA loan. Its stalled in the underwriter phase. SO much paperwork and red tape. Loans a very tight right now. I need to do another year of projections today and submit it tomorrow.
Life is fun. Busy. I'm heading off to church now. The Unitarians this week. There is a speaker today who is going to talk about how to bridge the divide between liberals and conservatives. Maybe they can get away from their thinly veiled hostility to the Mormons for a change. I love being able to pick what church I want to go to each week. Since I've put all churches in the same category (inventions of mankind). It's starts in fifteen minutes so I better go. I will savor catching up with you and Shane and Ron and Lisa when I get a moment to catch my breath.
2 comments:
Yes, yes... Bacon-its whats for breakfast. So how you been??
HH
HH! Thanks for reminding me about blogworld. I've been so busy lately that I've neglected my blogosphere friends. What have I been doing you might ask??? Oih..where do I start? I decided I wanted to know more of my neighbors so I organized a block party. It was last night. We blocked off the street and rented a big bounce house/slide castle, filled a zillion water balloons, gave food assignments, pulled out the grills. It felt so down home'ish. It temporily satisfied my ache for community connection. I'm also trying to get better organized. Last weekend I spent two entire days deep cleaning the house, yesterday I filled a cart and a half with stuff from Costco. I don't want to go back there again for really long time. From the looks of things, I don't think I'll have to. I'm trying to get a gaggle of women together who want to buy in bulk and share the goods, prepare 43 meals ahead of time and freeze them. (in my killer cabinet freezer that I got for a mere 20 at a garage sale a few months ago). I'm also filling my time with getting more involved in the kids school. I helped Josh's teacher inventory the new science lab. What a day that was. "three igneous rocks....2 magnifying glasses....1 stringy ball of twine..." I'm also a PTA mom now, heading up the "reflections" contest. An artsy smartsy extra curricular program. That is fun...but busy. I'm trying to get my middle son to make a movie to submit to this. He took a filmmaking class a couple weeks ago, so now he's a pro. I have one more week with the kids until school starts. We've been packing all the fun stuff in before the school year starts. I took my kids and a few of their friends to see Clone Wars on Friday. Aside from the Icee debacle and the million trips to the bathroom, it was a good time. Also been hittin' it hard with the therapist...figuring out my inner life and why I am crazy. In between all that, I'm still trying to flesh out this business. Trying hard to get a SBA loan. Its stalled in the underwriter phase. SO much paperwork and red tape. Loans a very tight right now. I need to do another year of projections today and submit it tomorrow.
Life is fun. Busy. I'm heading off to church now. The Unitarians this week. There is a speaker today who is going to talk about how to bridge the divide between liberals and conservatives. Maybe they can get away from their thinly veiled hostility to the Mormons for a change. I love being able to pick what church I want to go to each week. Since I've put all churches in the same category (inventions of mankind). It's starts in fifteen minutes so I better go. I will savor catching up with you and Shane and Ron and Lisa when I get a moment to catch my breath.
Post a Comment