
I'm not being commanded necessarily....but I do feel the urge to purge. Today I blew my top. Used my big girl voice, slammed the door and started walking up the street without wearing any shoes. I walked up one block, turned around and came back home. It was silly I suppose. I was in full on tantrum mode. My middle and youngest sons have been pushing my buttons all day and if I do say so myself... for 95% of the day I met this challenge with patience, loving kindness, but firm consistency until they just pushed too hard and I lost it.
tease...scream...whine...fight....tease....scream..whine...fight...tattle. Strike one...five minute time out. Strike two...lose your hour of computer...Strike three...one hour early bed time. Strike four it starts all over times two. I'm just spinning my wheels. They really don't care. Sometimes kids have a way of making you feel completely powerless.
tease...scream...whine...fight....tease....scream..whine...fight...tattle. Strike one...five minute time out. Strike two...lose your hour of computer...Strike three...one hour early bed time. Strike four it starts all over times two. I'm just spinning my wheels. They really don't care. Sometimes kids have a way of making you feel completely powerless.
After I thankfully put them to bed, I flipped open the laptop (ostensibly to work on the dreaded business plan) and instead I read an email from my business partner which made me laugh. A pleasant deep in the belly kind of laugh. He is Jewish and he is often making jokes about his culture. I never know if it is polite to laugh too hard in person but in email format I don't have this conflict. Suddenly I felt so much better. Laughter really is an amazing drug.
Okay..back to the dreaded business plan. I am truly clueless. Any help for the helpless out there??? Anyone??? anyone??? Okay. I guess it's just me and my hopeful pie charts.

No comments:
Post a Comment